XML News from Thursday, May 7, 2009
The OpenOffice Project has released
OpenOffice 3.1, an open source office suite for Linux, Solaris, and
Windows that saves all its files as zipped XML and uses XForms.
New features include:
- Improvements to comments: reply feature now supports 'conversations'
- Outline levels within paragraphs
- Hot hints for formulae, with new and improved formulae available
- Improved sorting
- Flexible positioning of axes
- Flexible handling of "missing" data points
- SQL syntax highlighting
- Easier deployment of macro applications
- Improved support for bidirectional scripts
- New locale support
I wanted to try this out, but the download site appears a bit swamped (or broken) at the moment. The English Mac version is out of commission, so I'm downloading the French version instead.